Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We Did It! Wednesday



This is my first post to We Did It! Wednesday so I will post my first item of baby clothing!!  :)  So exciting to me!!

I found a pattern in my sewing things that was a simple dress for a little girl (less than 2 years old).  I talked to my mom and come to find out, the pattern had belonged to my grandmother and she used it to make a dress for me when I was a baby!  So this made it extra special to me!

My husband and I have best friends that live about 3 1/2 hours south of us.  He has been friends with the guy since elementary I believe and I have been friends with the girl since I started dating my husband.  We call each other Sissy so you can tell we are close.  (I am an only child and she doesn't have any sisters so it's perfect!)  They have a 9 month (Little Bug) old that I consider to be my niece and she had surgery on her tear duct this past Monday so I have been working on things for this family.  I had intended to drive down for the surgery but the snow stopped me.

Ok, so to the fun part!  I made Little Bug a fleece dress using my grandmother's pattern.  As usual I changed a few things.  :)  I had the cutest polka dot fleece in my stash so nabbed it and got started but I first traced the pattern pieces on tissue paper so I didn't have to cut the pattern pieces smaller. 



I used some pink fleece I also had for the pocket on the front and decided to use the bias tape for the ties.  :)  I also used the bias tape to make a hem for the dress even though the pattern just called for a normal hem.

 I thought it gave it a more finished look.  (So did my DH when I asked his opinion!)
Well that is my first baby dress!  Can't wait to start the next one, oh wait I already have!!

Have a lovely day!
LA

1 comment: