I am going to raffle a baby girl's dress to benefit the Queensland Flood Relief Fund.
The floods in Australia have been on my mind a lot the last couple of days. My husband and I have been working on our home and we feel very blessed to have it as our home. Now, I feel even more blessed to have a home at all with the devastation in Australia.
Several of the blogs I follow are written by ladies from Australia and I didn't know this until recently. I realize that we are not "friends" by the world's standards but I have enjoyed reading and learning about them and from them. Toni Coward is one of the people who have organized online auctions to benefit the QLD Flood Relief Fund. Go and check our her site here and bid on some things!!
I recently made this dress for my friend's little girl who is 9 months old:
I have some cute apple fleece that I will make into another dress like this one in the size you pick (see list below) and send it to the winner of the raffle. Here is the fabric:
It is brown with pink and green apples all over it. I will use a matching green bias for the armholes and hem.
Sizes: XXS up to 7 lbs, up to 17 inches, 0-1 months
XS 7 - 13 lbs, 17 - 24 inches, 1-3 months
S 13 - 18 bs, 24 - 26 1/2 inches, 6 months
M 18 - 21 lbs, 26 1/2 - 31 inches, 12 months
L 21 - 24 lbs, 31 - 34 inches, 18 months
Here is what you need to do for a chance to win the finished dress:
1. To enter this raffle, you must donate $5 to the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal. (If you scroll down the page you will find a link to donate online and a phone number if you prefer to call.)
2. You may enter as many times as you like, but each entry/donation must have a seperate receipt number. (i.e. if you want to enter 3 times, then you must donate $5, three times so that you end up with three receipt numbers.)
3. After you have made your donation, come back and leave a comment with your receipt number. Please be sure to leave your email address also.
4. This raffle is open to everyone. Postage is FREE wherever you live. It will be extra if you want it in a certain time frame however.
5. The raffle begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
I am praying for the people affected by this natural disaster and I hope you will too.
Prayers and love,