Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!


Well, 2010 is almost gone and with it a lot of moments, some great and some not so great.  This year started out great for me because my DH proposed on Christmas Eve and I was wedding planning.  It took a turn in March when my grandmother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  I had the opportunity to spend a week with her in May before she passed away in June.  I could talk about her for pages but I will just say she was a wonderful woman and one after God's heart. 
In July my DH and I got married so that was wonderful!!  I had a friend from church help me make my wedding dress so there were a few stressful moments but who doesn't have a few when they get married?  :)
We purchased a home in the spring and he moved into it in April.  We have been and continue to work on it since it was a foreclosure in disrepair.  We love it!  We have had a lot of fun moments working on the house together as well as with our friends.  The learning curve has been a good one for sure!
Since we have a few things done, I have gotten to unpack a good bit and have room to set up a craft/sewing area.  I have been in the 3rd bedroom but I will be able to spread out a little better downstairs so I will move things tomorrow.  I am excited to have an area I don't have to clean up and put away when people come visit but that day will come in the next few months.
We have celebrated our first Thanksgivig and Christmas as a married couple and splitting time between families and it worked out very well.  We came home today on New Year's Eve so we could be in our home together to start the new year.
So everyone have a blessed and happy new year!!!  Be safe and see you next year!!

LA

No comments:

Post a Comment