Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some completed items . . .

Some friends of mine were given a baby changing pad when they had their little girl early this year.  It was very nice and they used it until she got too long for it.  I have taken it and made it a little longer and the pockets a little wider.  It is pictured below.  I will put a magnetic snap on it when I get home.  You can also tell that I didn't pay attention to my fleece when I put it together and the words are backwards!!  Oh well, another lesson learned!

This is what it looks like rolled up.  The idea is to be able to handle it with one hand and the baby in the other.

I also made a burb cloth for my cousin that had her little boy - Aiden - last week.  I used a flour sack towel because I couldn't find cloth diapers.  I folded the towel in half and seamed around it leaving an opening to turn it inside out and then topstitched around it.  I had gotten some cute blue and brown houndstooth flannel from the remnants bin at Hancock's and I used it as the middle panel.

I used my Cricut to make a card to go with the burb cloth.  I have had so much fun with it already!!  I found some free svg files at Blog of SVGShop including some of the ones I used in the card.

I made a puzzle from a picture of Aiden and put it in the pocket inside the card.  I hope she likes it! 
Well, the only project I have left unfinished is our Christmas pajamas!!  Hopefully I will get those made before too much longer.
I hope every one has a blessed and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment