Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

We just started . . . homeschooling!!

My daughter will be four in October, so we started a K4 curriculum with her this month.  Of course, this means little brother will be participating with his own worksheets and crayons and whatever else.




I am using the curriculum from Confession's of a Homeschooler. (Her blog is HERE and the curriculum is HERE)  I will say that I have used a couple of components from 1+1+1=1, (and her site is HERE)  Specifically, I used the printables she has to go along with Songs for Saplings, ABC Bible verses.  There are full page printable for each verse, as well as flash cards and a puzzle page for your child to put together.  The link for those is HERE.

We are taking a very laid back approach to homeschooling this year.  It will be structured some days and others we will vary what we do.  I see no reason to take away play time at this young age because I feel it is just as important.  Well, actually more important.



I want "school" to be fun for my children and not something they dread each day.  I know there will be times they don't want to "do school," as my daughter says; but overall, I hope they enjoy learning.

We will have music class once a week this fall and a few other things to rotate in and out.  I am still deciding on what we will do.  A friend has "Poetry and Tea Tuesday," and I love that idea!  She has a great blog over at Book Review Mama, you should hop over and check it out!  She is a book lover like no other!  :)

So, we are "doing school," in our dining room.  This means we have to be able to put it up and eat dinner at the end of the day.  Not too long ago, we put in cabinets with countertops in my work area so I happened to have a sewing cabinet I wasn't using.  We moved it upstairs and put it in the corner.  It is perfect because I can put a cabinet lock and keep the little man out of it!  You can see in the picture below, we have a board with all of our main areas on it.  I love this thing!!  Thanks to my mother-in-love, we had a big piece of chloraplast (plastic cardboard used in sign making) and I put it on the wall with command strips so I can take it down whenever I need.  I used velcro to attach each item on the board.  My daughter actually loves to take down and put up each thing as we talk about it.




So I will periodically update our homeschool journey on here as we go, so keep an eye out for that.  Thanks for reading and come back soon!

God bless!
Lee Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment